Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One small step for dog...

One giant leap for dog kind...that's what they say, right? I mean, that Meal Arm Long guy, he knows what he's talking about!


I have been home for 3 1/2 days. I think I'm fitting in really well! The hardest part about being the new girl is the accent! I mean, c'mon y'all. What is all this "cah", "rud", "fahm" stuff?! Here's a good zample of this: Mommy has been telling me to go "pawty" outside. Well, every dog knows what that means--there's a pawty coming up! So every time we'd go out on that leash (that's a whole nother blog!) I'd get x'cited for a pawty. Well, come to find out, she wasn't saying "pawty" (well, I still think she was), she was trying to say "pot-tea". I'm not sure what your pawents call it, but my foster mom called it "pot-tea" and I knew what it meant.
This whole "pawty" thing is just plain fuzzen!

Here I am thinking "C'mon mom, I'm in my jacket, I'm out in this cold,
where is the pawty!!"

After the first coupla times of not getting a pawty, I realized what she was trying to get me to do. Once I did it, she clapped and danced and gave me a treat. She also talked in this high voice....I liked the treat part! So, now I go pot-tea outside in the grass. Before, I was holding it all ins. I only made one poppy mistake my first night home. The rest, I just helds in. But, the vet said my blad-ah (what's that every dog?) wasn't too full, so my mommy felt better. The vet also said some doggies don't go poopy as much as Sidka--and darn...that boy goes poopy a whollllee lot!

Oh, I almost forgot! I went to the vets yesterday and I met Dr. Penny Bennington and some other nice girls. It was a regular ol' girls day in! She did my nails and she combed my hairs. But then, she got all weirds on me and she pinched my back a little, man that hurt. Then, she tried looking into my brain through my ears--with a flashlight. I thought vets were smart--why was she trying to light up my brains?! There's a picture of mommy looking up flash lights, brains and vets on google. I couldn't make much sense of it, so I felled asleep on her shoulders.


Mommy says I'm making real "progdress". I'm not sure what that means. But, dresses reminds me of pawties and pawties reminds me I gotta gooo!!!!



1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, bloglines is being mean to us! We're missing posting, Josie!
You sound like you're settling into your new life wonderfully! We're THRILLED for you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch